Medicross is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netcare Limited, which has been listed on the main board of the Johannesburg Stock Exchange since 1996. Netcare operates the largest private hospital, primary healthcare, emergency medical services and frenal care networks in South Africa.
In addition to primary healthcare, day surgery and sub-acute care services provided by Medicrosss and occupational health and employee wellness services provide through Netcare Occupational Health, Netcare provides:
- world-class acute private hospital services;
- cancer services including radiosurgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant and robotic-assisted surgery;
- emergency medical services through Netcare 911;
- mental health and psychiatric services through Akeso; and
- renal dialysis through National Renal Care (NRC).
Netcare also has the distinction of being a leading private trainer of emergency medical and nursing personnel in the country.